Sunday 19 June 2011

Winter is here...

My brother came to visit this weekend and on Saturday, we decided to go up the beach to the Noosa North Shore.  It's about a 15 minute trip into Tewantin, where we get onto the barge and go across the river, and then about a 10 minute drive on the road, then we turned off to the beach, and drove up the beach as far as Double Island Point.

What a gorgeous day!  The sun was shining, the birds were all having a lovely time, and Ken and Mick decided to do some fishing.  I sat in the sun on my folding chair, and did some crocheting.  We moved a couple of times to find better fishing spots, but there wasn't much around.

This is how you find "pippies" or "cockles" - you look on the sand, and when you find the lumps like this, dig down about 3 inches and you'll find what's below...

Pippies!!!  Great bait!

My brother Mick on the right, and Ken on the left - in the water fishing...

Ken on the left, Mick on the right... they got a bit wet.  Did I mention it's winter here???

The beach is actually a gazetted road. It has a speed limit, and road rules apply...
So... now you know - winter is here.  I don't think I'd want to live anywhere else at the moment!!!

1 comment:

  1. The days HAVE been lovely, haven't they!?!
    Thought I'd let you know that I still pop in to check on you!

    ReplyDelete