Sunday 14 August 2011

My how the time just flies by...

It's been a whole week since I posted on here!!!  A whole week!!! 

I have had a busy week, catching up on things at work that had been left since I've been sick and then had Auditors on my tail.

On the home front, I haven't done a lot of decluttering this past week.  I started this morning with the ensuite chest of drawers - took lots of stuff out of it, started putting like with like, and then promptly stopped and had a busy day again today!!!  I might get back to some of it tonight - there's three drawers that I need to deal with, one is scattered all over the bathroom and the other two are just disasters...

Yesterday I went to the Ekka.  I love the Ekka, but I just don't want to go on a yearly basis.  About once every 5 is about right for me, so I went with Sue, her two children Richelle & Brent, plus our Norwegian student Henrik.  I don't think Henrik really wanted to go - we had one of our neighbours over for dinner on Friday evening, and he had a late night, and then didn't hear his alarm and turned it off, so Ken woke him up at 7.45 am telling him that we were leaving in 15 minutes.... he was very quiet all the way to Brisbane, wore his headphones and didn't say anything.  He disappeared on his own when we got into the Ekka itself, we met up with him a couple of hours later when he'd woken up and was in a better mood - he said he really enjoyed his day!

One of the wonderful displays in the fruit & veg hall...

The Ekka isn't the Ekka without the fireworks...


On the way home, we stopped at Caboolture to meet up with a friend from SS, Karen.  I felt that I had gotten to know Karen very well through one particular thread that we both participate in about eating elephants...  Anyway, I've chatted about Ken's and my love of camping, and how we go to the Muster every year, and Glen Innes, and and and... I also mentioned we were going to be needing a new tent soon because the old one was now starting to disintegrate. 

Karen offered me her tent.  Yep - you read right.  She and her family had decided that they weren't camping people and weren't going to use it, and so it might as well go to someone who would, so hence it's come to our house. 

We love it - oh wow.  We thought our old tent was pretty schmick at 5.8 metres x 2.6 metres.... well - we now have one that's again 3 rooms, although this time they're real rooms, not just curtained off, and it's 7 metres by nearly 4 metres.  How good is that!  On the end is a sunroom/kitchen room that has mesh sides so that you can eat without being gobbled up by mozzies, then there's two other separate rooms.  We won't know ourselves!!!

Ken put it up this afternoon in the hopes that it would drizzle a little on it to make the seams fully waterproof (he knows these things - I'd never work that out) and it is going to make it's first trip to Muster on Thursday when Ken goes out to put it up.  Have I mentioned we're excited about Muster???!!!

Karen and I on our "hot date" - BP at Caboolture.....

THE tent - now up in our side yard....  doesn't kind of show how big it is though. 
Just wait for Muster photo's!!!


Friday I did induction at Katie Rose Cottage, which was also just wonderful.  The cottage is a Hospice located at Doonan, about 15 or 20 minutes drive from us.  I feel the need to go and do more volunteering than I currently do, which I can say isn't much.  I am on the Cancer Council Relay for Life committee in Gympie - which doesn't take much time or effort... It's a lovely place, and I'm looking forward to going there on Tuesday afternoon again...

No comments:

Post a Comment